Sunday, February 10, 2008

Welcome to my very first blog.....

How lucky can you be? You get to be one of my very first readers. You can experience my bad grammar, typing errors and all that comes with doing something for the first time.

I am really excited about this. For the fist time in my life I can choose any subject, ramble on and on and assume someone is really listening (or reading). So since this is my big chance, let's be serious and get on with it.

By the way....Thank you for coming.

The true purpose of this blog is to give you my opinions about travel. Most people think of travel as getting from here to there and hopefully seeing something interesting along the way. I have a totally different concept. For me, travel is an expansion of my life. When I travel I want all of the same things I have at home, creature comforts such as food, warmth and shelter. I want to be happy and stress-free. I want to feel loved and accepted and I want to feel safe and secure. I also want to share my experience with someone I care about, and last but not least I want to have fun! These are the things I want....want being the keyword. Getting them can be another matter.

Right now you're probably thinking of that horrific trip to Niagara Falls when you sat in the airport for hours then spent three days waiting for lost luggage. Not only that, it rained the whole week and the falls were so fogged in you didn't even see them.

I have certainly had my share of those trips over the years, and that's what this blog is all about, helping you to choose the right trip for you, avoiding bad situations while traveling and then dealing with the less than ideal trip.. Hopefully my opinions will be helpful....but remember, they are my opinions and I am known to be an overly optimistic traveler. For me, everything is fun. I never have pre-conceived ideas about what a trip will be, therefore any good thing that comes along is a bonus. As long as I can travel, I will take it as it comes and be greatful. We are a priviledged nation to be able to travel whenever and wherever we want, and I plan to do as much as I possibly can.

I hope some of you find my opinions helpful, but if not, at least I get to choose the subject and ramble on and on. What fun this is going to be!